Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Naughty Files

When I go home to Williamson the Naughties come meowing. I was out on Saturday, to look through boxes of stuff, and they found me. Always looking for a scratch on the ears of g little bit of snuggling. I don't know what they will do if we sell the house. Where will they go? ...

Naughty Too showed up late in the day when I was talking with a friend who stopped by. He heard us through the closed door and made his presence known. I let him in the barn and gave him a little loving before putting him back out again. He didn't want to be out, and wandered around the other side where there was a crack in another door, and squeezed through. Before I left I took his picture in the Sassafras tree.

Naughty One had shown up at the back door not long after I arrived in the late morning. He cried at me through the glass door and I was given permission to let him inside for a while. James keeps them locked out because they wake him up with their meowing and rambunctiousness in the night. They claw to get in his room and keep him up. They're probably just lonely. I wish I could bring them here, but my housemates are not so cat-friendly as me...

The house. Yeah. James has been fixing it up to put on the market. This is hard for both of us, but he says he can't keep up with it alone. He's been saying this for years now. He worked on the outside a little this fall, and recently refinished the upstairs floors and fixed the banister. It's gorgeous. Simple, yet everything I ever wanted. Letting go is painful on all counts.

And now I must take a shower and go to work. I've been up since 4 am to take my daughter and Number Nine to the airport. They're off to visit Minnesota and I'm a little jealous.



2 comments: