Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Moments

There are moments when I know what needs to be done and feel confident in moving forward... and there are times when every option leaves me feeling broken and fearful.

I want answers shouted from heaven. I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the choices I make will be right. But there are no thundering voices calling from heaven, and more often than not the shadows are frightening.

I fear taking scripture out of context. I fear misunderstanding answers. I fear growing old alone. And I fear ... I fear causing more pain than is being relieved. I fear hesitating and I fear running ahead. Scripture says, "Perfect love casts out fear," but I don't know how to make that happen. Fear is all around. It doesn't always consume my thoughts, but sometimes it's roaring leaves me with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm tired. I'm torn. I am broken. It's time to pick up the pieces. I'm praying that old and broken shards can be still beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. ...first off, that new header image is GREAT. You are expecting way too much, life is all about moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other. Somethings work out well and some not so well. It sounds like you need a good night's sleep. I hope that your morning will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were last night's thoughts. I posted them because I want to keep it real. I did sleep good and today was better. You are right. Life is about moving forward. Sometimes I just have a hard time, after spinning about, remembering which direction I'm supposed to be headed.

      Delete
  2. That’s raw, real, and beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete