Saturday, October 20, 2018

Whoosh!

It's Saturday morning. It was a different kind of week. I went to bed earlier than usual at least three out of seven nights, got up way earlier one morning, and worked 4 hours overtime in a week that started out severely sleep deprived. (I'm not complaining, just stating facts.) Had I not taken the effort to take care of myself midweek, I would have been a mess by week's end. I am grateful for a God who meets each and every need ahead of time, even if it simply mean being sure I am aware. Perhaps that headache early in the week was actually a gift.

Yesterday was gorgeous, today is supposed to be wet and cloudy. I want to do some fall gallivanting, but what I really need to do involves staying closer to home. Since we restructured the dormer in my bedroom (and did the roof), the inside has been unfinished and upside down. The peak is exposed and needs a bit of insulation, the drywall is unfinished, and debris is cluttering the floor as I move things from the other house to this. I haven't yet learned how to manage a full time job, downtime, and keeping up with other tasks. I'm sure there's a way, I simply haven't found it quite yet.

I have barn pictures for tomorrow's Barn Collective. That's an accomplishment right there! And now I must take my shower and figure out what needs to be accomplished.

6 comments:

  1. ...yesterday was one of those days to treasure. I was down in Angelica, neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha. Trying to get back into blogging. I have missed reading your posts, but hopefully, can get back on track. Lung issues with my dearest have taken up a lot of time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you too. Work is taking up most of my daytime hours but I try to blog a few times each week. I will be praying for the man you dearly love. He is a treasure. Tell him I am thinking of him and keeping him in my prayers. I love you both!

      Delete
  3. Think of you often...
    Hang in there...
    You’re tougher than you thinkšŸ§”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough as nails.
      (Ha ha!)
      Every so often I think about making another trip north of the border...
      Thank you for your thoughts. I've been missing some of my bloggie friends.

      Delete