Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Processing Plant

One day a year or two from now, I'll be wondering why I wrote "Off to the processing plant." as my Facebook status. Sometimes I actually come back to my blog to figure out my own tidbits of information. It's kind of like a not-so-secret code book. Of course, the "processing plant" is work, even though it isn't. And yet is is...

I mentioned my job the other day and how much I like it and the other individual asked me if I use it as an escape. I questioned exactly what they meant and was then asked if I use it as time to process... Yes. And yes. A yes to both questions. My time with little people is an escape from processing, a time to think of other things and be wrapped in the embrace of a million little children. (It feels like a million when they're all grabbing for me at once. Even if there are only six or seven at a time.) But during my time in the kitchen, my mind is in constant motion, trying to figure out and make sense of life. Processing can feel like a never ending job, even if I am making progress.

4 comments:

  1. I am a "processor when busy" person, too, Martha. I am at a point in life where I really want to figure things out, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, some days I fear I'll never have this processed. And yet the processor keeps whirring.

      Delete