Sunday, October 28, 2018

Bits and Pieces

* Number Nine is two. He found a new train table in the front room when he woke up yesterday morning and was really excited about it. Last night there was a party and we had a houseful! Hannah made him an airplane cake. So fun!

* I've been fighting headaches this past week. Maybe it has something to do with the weather...

* Our little farm is listed For Sale. We're closing a chapter. :(

* God is growing me in ways I never imagined. Growing still hurts. I guess the saying is true, "No pain, no gain."

* I am so blessed to have this new roof on my house. It has rained ALL weekend and I don't have to worry about the water coming into the living room. I never questioned taking out a loan to do the job. I knew it had to be done, and I know God is and will provide.

* My attic bedroom remains unfinished, but that will happen in time. I don't know how it will get done, but it will. Maybe when I am finished paying for the roof I can finish the room. It needs a little TLC, some drywall finishing, and a casing around my dormer window. And maybe a coat or two of fresh paint.

* It's our day to visit Tim. Priscilla will meet us there. I'm bringing a few fried cakes from the local apple mill.

 Hope you have a great day. Stay dry and warm!




7 comments:

  1. What an adorable boy and a really cute cake. I am so glad that you have a new roof and I am sure you are bittersweet that the farm is going to be sold.

    I hope you have a blessed, wonderful Sunday, Martha. xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selling the house is letting of all sorts of things. I am trying not too think about it too much or too deeply. If I do I will fall apart.

      I was blessed with a wonderful nap this afternoon and the headache I carried all day has subsided. Now if only I can sleep tonight.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. ...my son, 47 had a train set like this one. Perhaps I had more fun. We have a new roof also and with the rain this week, I am thankful. Keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We had train sets like this when we were kids, my kids had them, and the grands have them too. We love trains.

      Growing, growing, growing. And still thankful.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you dear Martha....
    Seems your life...as you knew it...has changed forever...
    Sending a hug...it’s the least I can do...😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hug, my sweet friend.
      There are forever changes, yes, but I am still the same me deep inside. I have so much to be grateful for.
      :0)

      Delete