Friday, September 07, 2018

I'll Meet You for Coffee

I slept terrible last night. There is a plethora of possible causes, but I'm not precisely sure which one was the root. Maybe my tangled up covers and achy back. At any rate, I slept little and stumbled out of bed thinking this might be a day when I actually needed a cup of coffee. I left home a little earlier than usual, early enough to stop along the way. I opted for the Dunkin Donuts closest to work. There was a long line of cars snaking all the way around the building. I mistakenly thought running inside might be faster than waiting in the drive-thru line...

The line inside was relatively short, but the people inside were ordering multiple boxes of Munchkins and fancy sandwiches. There were three people ahead of me. Behind me was a gentleman, and behind him a woman. The woman suddenly leaned forward and reached toward me. "I want to introduce myself," she said. "I'm Marcia. I know your daughter in law Leta..." My mind did a little spinning, "and I read your blog." (This has happened before. Once. About six and a half years ago.)

Marcia and I had a quick conversation. She seemed very nice and I'm glad she reached out to me. I was telling my favorite daughter in law about it this evening when she randomly stopped over to pick up an item my son had left here on Saturday. "It was appointed!" Leta said with a smile, and she told me how much she likes Marcia and how she thought we'd get along great. I asked her what Marcia's last name was but she didn't know. "She's in my phone as Marcia the Nanny," she told me. (Marcia nannies at a house that Leta cleans.)

I'm pretty sure I was well behaved while waiting in line at Dunkin, even though I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get to order my "medium coffee, half decaf, with cream and sugar", but I left wondering how many other people see me out in public and recognize me from my blog. It's kind of funny and a little intimidating all at the same time. Ha ha! And just now I'm wondering if I said please and thank you when I placed my order...

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have one and I normally make my own coffee. It just felt like a Dunkin morning. And hey! I got to meet Marcia.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Haha! Funny post. Always remember to say please and thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunkin is good, and yes, you met Marcia! I have a funny blog story: My son-in-law talked to a friend of his who lives in Delaware, and was doing home appliance repairs for a woman who just happened to mention that she reads a blog about a family with 16 kids, and lo and behold, it was me. I can't remember the exact connection, but it's a small world. And it's good you were behaving in Dunkin, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! You know Christine with all the kids, I lost count now, maybe 16 or 16... She was in an airport somewhere when someone recognized her from her blog. Yes, its a good thing I am typically fairly well behaved, though I do have my moments. Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. That reminds me of the time I went to the Canandaigua art/craft show on Main Street. I had stopped to look at the paintings of an artist I admire, and he said, “Hey! Do you have a blog?” It shocked and scared me a bit. I had mentioned him in a post once and posted a link to his website. He said that he had checked to see who had created links to his website on the internet and had found my blog. I didn’t even know you could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cool and scary too.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to.
      :0)

      Delete