Monday, September 24, 2018

Church in the Tent

It was a unique kind of summer. A major reconstruction project at church made it necessary to relocate Sunday meetings, so half of the congregations met in the gym, while the remainder gathered under a big tent in the church courtyard. It was a little like a circus, but not really.

The first Sunday was May 20. We were told to take out our phones and snap a picture, and so here I am with my sister Rachel back in May. First Sunday in the tent and it looks like we're wearing our jean jackets. It must have been a little chilly that morning. 

Yesterday was the nineteenth and final Sunday in the tent. Once again we took out our cell phones to record the momentous occasion. We're wearing our jean jackets again but this time I've got a sweatshirt underneath as well. (It was freezing at the 9 am service!) I like the second picture. It looks like Church in the Tent was good to me.

We're moving back inside this coming Sunday morning. It's time, but I'm going to miss Church in the Tent. It was good.

4 comments:

  1. I loved church in the tent. I think we should do it every summer! I like that second picture of you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I enjoy church in the woods!

    ReplyDelete