Sunday, September 02, 2018

Snippets

Friday, August 31

 I had enough time to snuggle an under the weather toddler late this morning so the assistant toddler teacher could get lunch on the table for the others. That won't happen every day. I must remember to appreciate these special moments. ( I also snuggled an ailing baby this afternoon. He was the only one in the room so I let him sleep in my arms for 20 minutes before I put him in his crib.)

 Saturday, September 1

 I made a Lowes run for contractor's bags and a door knob this morning. On the way out of the store was a small child and his father. I did a double take and then called out, "Evan!" He turned around and I said to the daddy, "Is that Evan?" He said 'yes' but was looking very suspicious. (I wouldn't get very far trying to grab a four year old and running off with him... 😄) The daddy wanted to know how I knew Evan, and I said, "From daycare." So he looked at Evan and asked him if he knew me? Ha ha! The child affirmed our relationship, smiled at me, and gave me the biggest, longest hug ever! :D And then I saw them again in the store along with Mommy and big brother. (I love hugs!)
 
These little people fill my heart and my days. Work is good for me.


And this weekend there were grandchildren. Just a few. They fill my heart too.



4 comments:

  1. ...how I miss those black seeds in watermelons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you? I do. There is just something beautiful about them, and they're especially fantastic for spitting at unsuspecting sisters and children.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I love these pictures, and I do miss our watermelon seed spitting games. :)

    ReplyDelete