Friday, September 21, 2018

An Early Morning

There are a lot of folks out there who get up at 5 am every day, but I don't. My alarm goes off (the first time) at 6:03 am. I typically push the snooze button a few times and roll out of bed at 6:18 am. Yes, I do this on a regular basis. This morning though, I got up when the alarm went off at 5:02 am.

I reached for the light, turned the switch and found myself in total darkness. I got up and tried the lamp on the dresser. It was still dark. I peered into the dark downstairs, wondered how I would manage a shower in utter blackness (the bathroom doesn't even have a window) and checked my memory for where in the world I might have left a candle. Then I remembered seeing a bit of light in the dark downstairs. I looked again, and yes! The nightlight in the laundry room was glowing. I must have hit the master switch to the upstairs on my way to or from the bathroom in the middle of the night. I was relieved to know the bathroom would be well lit. I was also relieved that my alarm clock runs on a battery. I got to work early. No, I mean like ten minutes before I had to be there, and then I almost punched in late.

Rather than start y day passing out breakfast, my morning chores included welcoming our littlest ones. Just "The Triplets" this morning. They arrived one at a time. First R., then P, and finally D. They aren't really triplets and they aren't related at all, but they are very close in age and development. We played, I changed diapers, and they all had breakfast. When the 9 am baby teacher arrived I headed for the kitchen and cooked up some hamburger pie. When the lunch dishes were washed and the kitchen was clean, I got to go home. But I went to visit my friend Deb first.

2 comments: