Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bits and Pieces

* Sorting. Today I was sorting. Sort of. It feels more like I was packing and moving, but what I moved will need to be sorted through again later. I only moved it from one house to another. He says he can't keep up with the house physically or financially, so he's fixing it up to sell...  I'm feeling numb today.

* I saw a few grandchildren and played "Stick People Wars" with the eldest. I lost. He obliterated every guy I drew.

* Kids ask questions I don't have the answers for... "Why don't you want to live here with Grandpa anymore?"  I can't even answer adults, much less children who love and adore their grandfather. I told him it was a long and complicated story. He's nine and confused. I'm confused sometimes and I know why. He'd never understand that there are moments when I desperately want to go home or that boundary issues create terribly complex problems. I don't have a good way to answer him. No way to tell him the truth without inflicting wounds. Instead he will continue to misunderstand my reasons. I pray one day he will trust I didn't do this maliciously or with ill intent.

*My attic bedroom, which was totally upended while we did the roof project and enlarged the back dormer, is slowly getting back to normal. My bed has been returned to its previous location, my dresser put back in its spot, and the wooden crates that hold and display my treasures have been hauled back out of the storage side of the attic.

*I hear funny things at work. Sometimes it is the children talking, and sometimes it's the teachers talking to the children. I laughed out loud in the kitchen on Friday but can't for the life of me remember what the teacher said to the little one. I remember who the child was, but that's about it. I'm going to need to write these things down.

* The weekend is half over. It was a productive day and that is good. Tomorrow my sister and I will go visit our brother. Maybe we will stop along the way for an ice cream. I want one with sprinkles. Please.



4 comments:

  1. ...life can be confusing 'sorta.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to come and see the change upstairs. I’d love to visit sometime anyway. Sorry this week didn’t work. I have been tired every single day. I don’t know why. I com home and collapse on the couch and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was busy Monday evening and tired every other night. I think it has to do with allergies and the changing of the seasons.

      Delete