Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Clothesline Art Festival

Saturday was busy. It wasn't until I sat down a few hours into the afternoon that a Facebook post reminded me of the Clothesline Art Festival in the city of Rochester.It wasn't written specifically to me, but it could have been.

"I’m in Rochester, NY today at the Memorial Art Gallery Clothesline Festival . Booth number 634, 10am- 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Stop by and say hello!"

I'd been just down the bock an hour or two earlier and now my daughter's kindergarten BFF was letting Facebook know she was in town with her pottery...

We didn't make it back to Rochester on Saturday, but we did find our way up there on Sunday afternoon. It was a good outing for the two of us. We meandered through the Memorial Art Gallery grounds and checked out the booths as we made our way toward Hannah's.

Childhood friendships leave such sweet memories. I am blessed once again to watch this daughter reconnect with this special long ago friend. Of course, we each took home a bit of pottery, "for a kindergarten discount". Bethany bought a lidded dish, to keep her butter in, and I chose a little ring dish. I'm starting my collection slowly.
:0)

4 comments:

  1. ...the Clothesline is always a great show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only my second time there. Can you believe it?

      Delete
  2. I bet that was a special time for you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice. I've missed spending time with her, so it's always nice when the occasion arises.

      Delete