Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Stayed Home Today

It has been a long and full week. Dare I say, exhausting?

We've had 2 pizza parties, a surprise shower, Memorial Day, a full day of work on Tuesday, a camping trip 3 hours away on Wednesday, a hike through the woods on Thursday, the return trip home, and 2 more full days of work on Friday and Saturday. Last night I said goodbye to my son and daughter in law, and my sweet grandson. I was thoroughly exhausted. I hugged them all, looked teary, and choked back the want to cry. I woke up this morning with the same headache I'd been fighting since late Friday afternoon and determined my tired mind and body had been through enough. I reluctantly called in to work and told them I wasn't feeling well. So, here I am.

I've not blogged regularly, nor have I been posting on other blogs. I'm hoping to catch up, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a ton of photos from our time at Old Forge on Wednesday and Thursday but not much time to tell the story. *sigh*

I probably should have taken some time off work while Jim and Michele were here, or at least asked for some time, but having just started, I didn't think it wise to ask. It was a Catch 22 that I almost survived.

Our family vacation was a success and, in spite of the obstacles, we have decided it should be an annual tradition. Now that we know the camp mattresses are scarcely softer than the ground and the weather totally unpredictable, we can be better prepared for next time. No working for me while Jim and Michele are here next time, and we want to have ALL our kids and others able to go. We were missing several, which explains why Adam, Ben, and Nate, Sabrina, and Spencer aren't in my pictures.

I am abundantly blessed. My heart is full even if my mind and body are tired. It was good that I was home today. My brother is being checked out at the ER again today. They are sure he is fine, but the hospital always calls for consent when it comes to treating him and God saw fit to have me here at home instead of at work or church.

Maybe I'll have time for a camp story or two tomorrow or later today.

10 comments:

  1. Your family camp pictures so reminded me of the years we spent at Camp Sugar Pine with our kids and then grandkids every year. Those are great pictures. Love them all, You to too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun. I'm already looking forward to next time.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your camping pictures. Looks like an awesome, fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we started this wild and crazy group. So much fun.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Relax...put your feet up...you earned it!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether or not I earned it, but I certainly needed it!
      :0)

      Delete
  4. You've had a HUGE week! I'm tired just thinking about it! Hope your headache leaves...I had a two day one, too, that finally left this morning.

    Your annual camping trip sounds great....hope everyone can make it next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My headache subsided after sleeping in and laying about on the couch all morning, on into the afternoon, most of the evening. I really needed the rest.

      Camping was great. I can hardly wait until next year.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. It all looked so wonderful! I'm a bit jealous of the Teals going camping as a family...but of course I'm so happy that you had the opportunity. Hope you feel well soon.

    BTW: Allen wasn't too far away from you this week. He was up at Beaver Camp doing a bit of training for his position as Assistant Program Director this year. For now he is back in Boston. In two weeks he will be done and up at BC for the summer...other than Audra's graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've done so little in the way of vacations through the years that there is really little to be jealous of. However, I do understand your wish to be in on the fun. We passed Big Moose Rd in Eagle Bay and I thought of you. Actually, I thought of you a lot. We should go again someday too.
      :0)

      Delete