Thursday, September 05, 2013

Take Off, Eh?

There is so much to do before leaving for Minnesota. I scarcely know where to begin and so here I sit attempting to sort my thoughts and settle my mind. It's hard for me to leave and feel at peace when loose ends are still hanging, but I guess sometimes that is just how events work themselves out. Sometimes we have to walk away and let someone else do it. (I hope My Darling doesn't mind grocery shopping...)

Mom will be spending a week and a half at my sister's house. She is still struggling greatly with mobility and doesn't even go across the room without her walker. Going up and down steps or stairs has been a major challenge this past week. Thankfully, I don't have to take her out often. She went for her monthly blood draw yesterday and had a shower his morning. Two Mom tasks checked off my to-do list. Oh, wait, make that three. I cancelled oxygen delivery for the next two weeks. After I pack her bags she will be ready to go.

This morning found me relaxing in bed just because I could. It was warm and comfy and maybe the last morning to really snuggle down and relax for a while. And then I heard a large truck rumble down the street, stop outside my open bedroom window, and pull into the lane across the street. There were voices, and then the unmistakable sound of a chainsaw. Not sure whether to laugh or cry, but totally unable to relax any longer, I rolled over and climbed out of bed. It was 7:20 am. Time to get up anyway, I suppose. The noise continued for the next hour and a half going from chainsaws and cracking tree limbs, to truck engines, more voices and finally a very loud wood chipper. The only way I knew of Rocky's arrival was Sofie's dash for the back door.

Tomorrow morning by this time we (Hannah and I) will be an hour away from Minneapolis and ready to enjoy a week of snuggling our new baby. Whether or not I'll be blogging before our return is uncertain, but don't worry about me, I'll be soaking up my snuggly new grandson and his wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) baby smells.

 I have plans to connect with my bloggy friends Kim and Kristina, maybe ride a roller coaster (if someone will take us to the MOA), and visit the Cathedral of Saint Paul. I am thankful for my new camera card and for the battery charger I found hiding in a kitchen drawer. I'm going to need those!

5 comments:

  1. Martha ~ I'm so excited for you. You are going to be loving on that precious baby, and yes, I love baby smells too. Not the dirty diaper, just their brand new fresh skin.

    Have a wonderful time, and leave all the worries behind. They will all be taken care of. You just enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have a blast!
      See you later!!!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Off you go...Enjoy!
    Can't wait to hear of your adventures,and see more pics of your wee new grandson...
    Wood shippers are REALLY loud!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay..you sound like you're all set. I'm glad you get to have some time away...not just to see the baby, but because you need this for all kinds of reasons! Relax...enjoy. Mailed your package today. Tell your darling to stay out of the nail polish. lol....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read all about your visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete