Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One Week Done

The little ones have been with us for a week now. We are finally working into a routine and gaining an understanding of what is expected and the consequences that follow. Bedtime is slightly easier, especially when "Uncle James" lets Vinnie know he must stay in bed and no amount of screaming, crying, or climbing out will change the expectation. I am ever so thankful for sleep as it makes the daytime routine much easier.

I'm pretty sure that if I was watching the past week in a movie starring someone other than myself, I would have found several events to be quite hilarious. No sooner had Mommy left the little darlings, then they discovered my large and open bag of birdseed. Thankfully I caught them celebrating before the entire bag was on the floor. Giant bag clips come in especially handy.

There have been plenty of grunts, scowls, and emphatic "no's" uttered by one small boy who has been placed in the naughty chair more times than I bothered to keep track of. With a stern reminder, he is able to get "that look" off his face. As tough as he can be, and as much as the "cute factor" sometimes appears to have diminished (or disappeared altogether), he is still much loved and this morning we had a very nice bit of snuggle time downstairs on the couch. Perhaps he is still cute and funny after all. :)

Little Sister knows very well how to play the small and cute part. She appears to be a tremendously smart one and a half year old, but actually she is a very smart almost three year old. She takes full advantage of her miniature stature. She's adorable and gets plenty of hugs and kisses, even if she did leave us a midnight surprise and stink up Hannah's bedroom the other night. (I've experienced much worse messes.)

Today seems quiet with just the two little ones. The air feels almost fallish and my Hannie is sick in bed. I hope she feels better again soon.


4 comments:

  1. Martha...YOU are my hero!!! Yes !!My HERO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite honestly, I am not feeling very heroic.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Had to laugh at the birdseed. I think keeping your sense of humor is going to be the key to sanity. It's been my secret weapon for 20 years. :)

    It was 30 degrees cooler here today than last week. I was actually cold. lol.... I hear it's going to be that way all week! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humor is the only way, unfortunately sometimes I lock myself out.

      Yes, I was actually cold today too. I like it in mid-August, but I wasn't too sure about it today. Little Sister might need to borrow a sweater from someone.

      Delete