Tuesday, July 23, 2013

B is for Because

B is for because. Because of your encouragement, I shall continue to play the game.

Because we have an abund- ance of zucchini, we have been baking Bethany Ann's Not-So-Famous Zucchini Custard Pies. (Bethany is my daughter.) This pie is really just a fun twist on a regular custard pie. Simply add a cup or so of shredded zucchini to the custard mix and sprinkle with either nutmeg or cinnamon before baking. It is a sweet and mild dessert that actually feels like it might be good for you, and my husband likes it! (Don't let it sit around too long unless you know how to keep the crust from sogging up. Truthfully, this shouldn't be a problem unless you live alone, and maybe not even then...) This is a very moist, but most delicious pie.

PS. The ant traps we set out this past week appear to have worked. No more little crawly things in the cat food. Yes!

 For more ABC Wednesday posts, click here.

12 comments:

  1. What a great looking pie crust!
    That does look good...I hardly ate anything today..no appetite...good that the ants are gone...pesky little critters!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strategically cut out the small part of crust that fell over. :)
      Every once in a while I do get a "perfect" crust though.

      Delete
  2. Now that sounds really good, just because!! I was in the mood for something sweet, so made the white choc. apricot, walnut scones. They are my favorite and only use 1/3 cup sugar, so I think they are good for me. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the mood for baking lately. I even tried the new recipe for Jello Cookies.

      Delete
  3. Hooray - glad you're back! Send pies to Roger Green at...
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger, I would be glad to send a pie over to ROG,ABCW!

      Delete
  4. So happy you're staying on! :D This pie does sound delicious and healthy, too. I don't think it'd go soggy here. lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, I do have fun playing the game. :)
      Yesterday's pie is more than half gone already, and you know, it makes a pretty good breakfast!

      Delete
  5. Oh can you say a sentence with three "because" continuously?

    A sentence cannot start with because because because is a conjunction !! :)

    PhenoMenon, ABCW Team
    http://throodalookingglass.com/bison/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like an interesting dessert.
    Glad you are sticking with us Martha and glad the Ant problem seems to have been settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting and yummy.
      I am glad to have that ant problem settled too.

      Delete