Monday, March 26, 2012

Breakfast

For several weeks I have been desperately trying to find a mutually agreeable time to meet my friend Pam for lunch. It seemed all kinds of things got in the way, but we finally caught up with each other today, for breakfast! Lunch just wasn't working, and breakfast is such a great meal to eat out. I secretly hoped to find something spectacular on the menu. Something like this... Raspberry Almond French Toast -A Berry Lover's Dream.

Or, if that wasn't available, perhaps something else Fancy Nancy like a Turtle Waffle. Isn't it pretty? A nice big Belgian waffle, topped with whipped cream, drizzled all over with chocolate, and topped with what I imagine is a Turtle confection... But then, today wasn't Saturday and there didn't appear to be any especially fancy breakfasts listed on the board.

So I did the next best thing and ordered a full stack of blueberry pancakes. They looked something like this, except that there were three and the sausage, which really belonged to Hannah (I ate one), were on another plate. I shared one pancake with Alex who found it to be very yummy. And, I very much enjoyed my visit with one of my childhood friends who I haven't hung out with in a very long time. We must do this again soon (and this time I will swipe the check instead).

PS. I was so disappointed to discover I'd left my camera home. So, I "borrowed" a few of the restaurant's pictures. (Hey, you should see their Monday dishwasher! He sure is handsome!!!)

2 comments: