Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And Now It Is Spring

"The Winter That Wasn't" That's how this past winter will be remembered. This is better, I suppose, than "The Year Without a Summer". Actually, we did have a few bitter cold days, and we did see a bit of the white stuff, just not as much as a normal winter would have provided. And now, it appears as if we have skipped over the spring temperatures and hopped right on into summer.

This afternoon I hauled the push mower out of the barn and cut a patch of the lawn, the patch over the leech field, which had grown long and thick, and insisted on tripping small children who traipsed over it. It has now been tamed, and this on the very first day of spring. And here I thought the lawn mower could sleep until the end of April...


It is 8:30 pm. Mom has been showered, had her hair dried, and been tucked into bed. "You're a good girl," she says. I groan a little inside, but feel myself smile just a pinch. It's not because I am good though. It's because I know God is working something better into my heart and life. (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.Philippians 4:13) We're halfway through the six weeks it will take for Mom to get out of her cast, and you know what? Helping her take a shower and get ready for bed isn't so intimidating anymore. It's God. He is the good one.

3 comments:

  1. God IS good! And Mom is very appreciative of all you do...and so am I, thank you. I know it's not easy. I talked to her today about coming here for Easter weekend, and she seemed fine with it, so she must be feeling better. :)

    This weather is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those flowers are pretty too! I'm glad to see them growing!

    It's encouraging to hear Grandma say things like that, isn't it? Love you. Call me if you ever need a "babysitter"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you caring for Mom too!

    ReplyDelete