Saturday, March 17, 2012

Gorgeous

It feels more like May than March. I'm not sure how to dress right now. We live fairly close to Lake Ontario which keeps us feeling cool in the spring, quite a bit cooler than our neighbors just a few miles south. Hannah and I stopped at the lake to pick up some little round stones (for my houses) and I nearly froze to death!

Just as I was about to head back to the van, where Hannah had already retreated, I saw a familiar face. My Aunt Margie who had come to the lake in search of a few stones to take home herself. Beachcombers live in the Great Lakes too. We are collectors of smooth, round stones, beach glass, and driftwood.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! I froze to death today, too! I worked an auction and although the forecast was for 70, we were outside in the shade and it was windy. And it was only 60 when we started. I only wore a sweater, jeans and flip flops(thought we were going to be inside!) I shivered all day!

    having said that, it was gorgeous weather..especially for March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had over dressed, and I did if I had stayed away from the lake, but a turtleneck sweater and a fleece jacket still weren't enough protection from those icy lake winds.

    I guess you need to throw a sweater and a pair of shoes and socks in the back of your vehicle, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny to see Aunt Margie there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence to see Aunt Margie there at the same time!

    It was warm and even muggy here yesterday. Michael and I started off on a walk with Koty through the neighborhood, but got hot and returned home for some shorts. One problem, our shorts are in Florida, to be brought home by Dave's parents in a couple of weeks. Fortunately I had bought Michael a new pair last week because some of his are too small, so he wore those. I settled for some capris. I LOVE this weather!!

    ReplyDelete