Sunday, March 11, 2012

To Snow or Not To Snow?

Ah, the fickle month of March! Yesterday afternoon I snapped a few snowy photos and today James and I took an absolutely wonderful orchard walk without jackets. The silver maple down back is all budded out. Is that allowed the first week of March?


My daffodils, which started showing themselves in early February, continue to brave the snowy cold. They are a brave bunch. Today, though, the snow is gone again. It is forecast to be a warm week with a sprinkling of rain. I have a project or two cooking up in my brain. Perhaps I shall make one of them a reality one day soon. (One of them is a Fairy Garden. I have my garden box now, some dirt, and a few "toys" to put in as well. I must keep myself amused somehow.)

My mom continues to struggle in her recovery. We return to orthopedics once again tomorrow. I'm sure her wrist will heal just fine even if it does take another 4-6 weeks. The color in her fingers is returning to normal and the swelling is gone. As long as the bones stay aligned, she is on the way to recovery in that area. Her bruised backside and tendency to sit are my biggest concern. I am supposing it would be in her best interest to be up and about, but convincing her of this is another matter. She is in much more pain today than she was two days after her fall. :(

4 comments:

  1. we have rain today...just so you know what to expect tomorrow. lol. :) Our neighbors daffodils opened yesterday. Mine are a little slower.

    Your mom may need a doughnut pillow to sit on. I broke my tailbone while giving birth to Taylor. It's a slow healing process and so painful to sit. But those pillows help a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I will be closer to the surgical supply store. Perhaps I will pick one up while I'm close by.

    My mom also had her tailbone broken giving birth to my brother Tim. Today they would have taken him by caesarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha,
    This is what I am noticing with my tailbone injury.

    It hurts terribly first thing in the morning. I've never had any pains in my life that get BETTER as the day goes on.

    It hurts to sit on the sofa or the car seat. I do better in a chair where I can sort of perch forward. Or recline PAST the tailbone - like a deeper recliner.

    I can't imagine how she is coping. The pain I felt this morning while trying to do school was 7 or 8 out of 10 and that isn't having a broken arm to go with it.

    I am physically tired from repositioning and constantly sitting in stiffer ways to avoid "slumping" on my tailbone.

    I certainly don't mean to speak for your mom, but as we are tailbone buddies I thought I'd articulate my current issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today she says her tailbone doesn't hurt. The pain appears to have "shifted" to her... um... left rump, shall we say? (She is slightly difficult for me to read or keep up with.) Her arm continues to be correctly positioned and she seems to be moving a little better today than in days previous.

    ReplyDelete