Tuesday, December 27, 2011

X is for eXcitement

X is for eXcitement.

Filling seven to ten Christmas stockings is a big job, so my husband and I have relegated that responsibility to our now grown children. They fill each other's stockings by purchasing one or two small gifts for each. Ben livened things up this year by depositing a scorpion sucker into each red sock. That's a little too exciting for me. (And Jim thought Moose Poop was fun...)

I must say, though scorpion suckers may not be my weakness, there are far too many tasty treats around here that do call my name. I am in serious need of some eXercise, but really I feel more like taking a long nap. :)

To see the other participants in the new round of 
ABC Wednesday, click here!

11 comments:

  1. Love your choice for X, but you can have the suckers....

    I've got to get busy now and think of some X's.

    Maybe I'll play George Strait's country song...All my "X's" live in Texas...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your husband fill the stockings? I thought Santa Claus did that. I'm very disillusioned...(sob, sob)

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Roger! So sorry to have spoiled your fin. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sweet but no thanks lol.

    X-mas or Christmas, which one do you approve of? May you have a prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those are perfect for stockings! ha.

    I hear you...I need fruit and a treadmill! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe I live in the wrong hemisphere. It'd be much easier to work off Christmas cookies in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever. I think I'll skip the suckers though.
    I have had chocolate covered ants before.
    Too much eXcitement for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's no way i could eat those
    http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/x-is-for-xanthippe/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Scorpion suckers?? No thanks -- but it might be a good way for someone with a sweet tooth like me, to lose some weight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello.
    I'll eat anything with chocolate in it, but I draw the line at bugs in my food. Scorpion suckers? You can definitely keep those.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes for the New Year!

    Xanadu: This Lush, Tropical Garden

    ReplyDelete