Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Wish

This Christmas I wish peace and comfort for my friends turned family, the ones who were my childhood friends before I married their cousin. I pray that God would be near to them each day, that He would wrap His loving arms around them, dry their tears, and bring them that peace that passes all understanding.
I pray that memories of happier days would carry them through the dark and lonely moments, and that the love of the Father in heaven would fill their days. I pray that they would cherish the time they had together and thank God for a dad who loved them without question. I thank God for my own memories of this man, for songs sung, dinners shared, encouragement given, and a love unspoken. (Here he sings to Bethany back in May of 2004. If only we had a video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment