Tuesday, December 20, 2011

W is for Woodpile

W is for woodpile.

The woodpile on the back porch grows and shrinks with whether the temperature is high or low. We keep the wood stove going most of the day, but don't worry too much if it goes out at night. We live in snow country, but apparently the snow has other plans this year. We've not had more than an inch or two on the ground at a time. No need to shovel the walk, pointless to plow the driveway, and I can get away with wearing shoes instead of boots. That's okay with me. My house is warm and cozy, and there's still plenty of wood stacked outside the back door.

To see the other participants in the new round of 
ABC Wednesday, click here!

8 comments:

  1. Love your photography of the woodpile.

    Did you ever get a whooping behind the woodpile??? Think I might have had a couple spanking there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great W post for this week! Love your photo - we just saw on the news tonight that a lot of places that don't usually get snow are getting it and those who are supposed to get it, don't have any! Weird or What? We have had the driest December on record so far, too. Oh well, have a warm wintery Christmas anyway! :D

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot!

    A writer's mind. of a six year old. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm sure your turn will come, eventually. So enjoy the warmth while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay warm. The weather is weird, as I noted this week. expect a blizzard in March, or something.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roger, I expect a blizzard every March. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so nice! I love fireplaces. My old home had one, now I live in the city and I miss it.
    Wishing you a wonderfully warm holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having a warm winter too. I always like seeing woodpiles stacked.
    Joy, ABC Team

    ReplyDelete