Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday

It's Saturday, at least that is what the calendar says. On "normal" Saturdays I run errands; the bank, the grocery store... anyplace I haven't been able to go throughout the week and need to. Today I don't need to. I went shopping yesterday. I even went to the post office and mailed out three boxes that didn't get into the mail before Christmas. Today is dark and dreary, a good day to curl up with a cup of hot tea or coffee and a good book. It is a good day to sit and talk with my favorite second mom, or maybe to take a short nap.

James and Hannah have gone out together. They have taken my van, and that is okay because I have no plans to go out, and no desire to. I am happy to sit home, fold laundry, and check the computer. I am not eating anymore candy or cookies. I had fruit and nuts for breakfast and am now enjoying a second cup of half decaf coffee with Gingerbread Latte creamer. My eyes are tired and my vacation is nearly over. Maybe I really should take that afternoon nap...

6 comments:

  1. Relax and enjoy. I don't want to go anywhere, either! I want to be a hermit when I grow up. ha. Happy New Year, Martha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good relaxing New Years eve.

    I'm sure I will be sound asleep when 2012 comes in.

    I had 6 of my grandkids over today, so baked cookies...sent the leftover cookies home with them, and then remembered I promised cookies for Church tomorrow...so made a second batch...now I'm going to have that cup of coffee and get my nightgown on.

    Sending love and wishes for a Great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have high hopes for 2012, Martha. I pray your New Year's Day was hope-filled for you, as well. Jesus loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jim peeking around in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, me too, Rachel. Sometimes I hate that kind of thing, but in this picture it's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good picture...

    ReplyDelete