Saturday, December 03, 2011

Today

I stayed up late and woke up early. My tired eyes fought to stay closed as I reasoned my options; stay home and sleep a little longer or meet the ladies from church for breakfast. I pried my eyes open and stumbled out of bed.

The second snowiest American city is still without snow, but we are not without early morning frost. As I headed out the door to meet my friends, the thought suddenly occurred that I just might need to scrape my windows. I was thankful for warm mittens, a readily accessible ice scraper, and a restaurant that wasn't far off.

James, Ben, and Hannah have worked hard all day painting the living room. We've washed walls, vacuumed cobwebs, filled holes, and moved furniture. Hannah likes painting and does a great job. Me? I can paint snowmen freehand on four foot stockade fences, but somehow a flat wall and one flat color are intimidating.


After cooking breakfast for my family, I headed out to the bank, Home Depot, and the grocery store, nursing a headache and aching muscles the whole way. Now that my upstairs bathroom is clean, supper is eaten, and the dishes done, I'm ready to take some Tylenol and crawl back into bed. I'm pretty sure we've got another busy day ahead of us tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been into "painting" walls or ceilings ~~plus I'm lousy at it.... so give me a brush and set of watercolors, and leave the house painting to people who are good at it.

    Hope the Tylenol worked and you got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, I am not a "house" painter either, unless of course it is on a nice flat little rock. :)

    I slept good last night. Took some Tylenol PM and hit the pillow. I'm much better today.

    ReplyDelete