Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Passed

Christmas is over for another year. I thought I would be ready early this time. I had done some prior planning, even purchased and wrapped several presents just after Thanksgiving. I had plans; plans to shop, to bake, to decorate, to attend Christmas services, and to enjoy the season, but the month of December didn't go as planned.

I am thankful God put it in my heart to do something ahead of my usual schedule, at least my grandchildren had presents under the tree. Thankfully, my children have learned not to expect anything too grand and glorious, perhaps one of the perks of having a half a dozen. James' mom made a wonderful chicken soup while we were at church yesterday morning, and this was made extra special by homemade noodles. (At this rate I'll never be gluten-free... :)

Tension remains high amongst family members. Please pray for our deeply troubled and hurting son and his family. There are some things moms and dads just can't fix. We need Somebody much bigger, but then again, don't we need Him all the time?

3 comments:

  1. adorable photos....and praying, too! God is big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Betsy, He is.
    And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are wonderful...and I must saw Amen to Betsy's comment...Our God is BIG! Sending love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete