Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Ray of Hope


Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24

I bought another notebook, a pretty pink, spiral notebook covered with butterflies. It is for keeping my list of One Thousand Gifts; all the little things in life, my everyday life, that I am thankful for, a tangible list, and an offering of thanks to the One who loves and saved me. I find myself smiling more already...

# 16 The sound of his voice, my Darling's, in song
# 18 Sunshine on cold winter days
# 19 Baby showers

Have you seen Wanda's blog? I've had much on my mind this weekend as my oldest daughter travels halfway around the world.

# 7 Blogger friends

What a comfort to know I have friends on the other side of the country, and that God put them just where they would be able to reach out to my beautiful daughter in the midst of her travels. Not only that, but they were willing to invite a family friend, also in their town this weekend, for a meal as well. And some target practice to boot! What a blessing!

# 23 Facebook messages from Singapore

I'm still reading the book that arrived the other day, still being encouraged, still learning. There is hope and I am thankful for that gift too.

One Thousand Gifts
or more...

6 comments:

  1. I love your picture, what a ray of hope...and your new notebook..I loved reading your gift list...Oh my what a great idea.

    Thanks for linking my blog..it was so fun to write it and post those fun pictures.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The notebook is a great idea! There's something about writing the things down ..it sticks with you and you can go back and be reminded of all the many wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am the only person in the world who hasn't read 1,000 things... !

    I have taken notice of the sun peeking through clouds often this last week. I know one day it will peek and STAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, I am just starting to read it. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of writing down blessings in a notebook. I need to make time to count the good things in my life. Seeing them in written form would keep my heart in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, I am finding it to be an inspiration. Only hoping I can keep the momentum up. :)

    ReplyDelete