Monday, February 07, 2011

A Good Day in the Garden

It was a good day in the garden. We had an extra "flower," a very small one, whose gardener was feeling a bit under the weather today. We found this small flower quite talkative and not near so sleepy as most very small flowers are. Aside from the gardening, I'm not sure if I accomplished a whole lot today, though I'm fairly certain that snuggling small and tender plants is a very important job.

I did fight off a headache with some ibuprofen today, washed a few loads of laundry, and actually got supper on the table by six o'clock. Tonight I stayed home with Mom and read my book, "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom, while Mom attempted to finish off a word search book. After staying up much too late due to a Superbowl gathering at Bethany's house last night, I think I shall try to turn in early tonight. That means I'll have to put those freshly laundered sheets back on my bed. I just love fresh sheets!

3 comments:

  1. I especially love the sheets when they have been on the clothes line outside. I hang mine out all summer. Judy (above) mentioned ironing. This is something I rarely do anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironing is something we do about 5 minutes before it's time to run out the door.

    ReplyDelete