Saturday, February 05, 2011

Empty Donut

Hannah was hoping for a donut. She was hungry after getting up late and having to wait an hour to eat after taking her antibiotic. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and sent her inside where she bought herself a Boston Cream donut. "Only one?" the clerk asked and promptly charged her for two. Imagine her disappointment upon finding that not only was she overcharged, but her chocolate covered donut was missing the filling. She looked about ready to cry,... but she didn't. We held onto the receipt. After a couple hours of running errands we were ready to return home. On the way we stopped back at the donut shop. I went in with her, explained the problem, and ordered myself a Dunkacinno (half decaf). Not only did they gladly replace the donuts with custard filled ones, but I got a free coffee. I think we'll forgive them. :)

9 comments:

  1. Awww...I might have cried myself! At least they made up for it! :)
    Come to think of it...a donut sounds really, really goodo right now! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I couldn't blame her for feeling like it. Disappointment was written all over her face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? A Boston Cream Donut without the cream?!!! Poor Hannah. I'm glad they made it right.


    crythe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is my favorite of all donuts... a Boston Custard filled. I would have cried too. I would have gone back...You are such a good mom to take care of this... and free coffee to boot!

    I could go for a boston cream right now!~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story Martha. Makes me wish we had one of those close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Della. And to think I almost bought myself a coffee at Wegmans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been very frustrated at them.
    So glad they made things right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Joyful, Hannah was thoroughly frustrated. We would have gone back right away had it not been for the fact that the parking lot was terribly crowded and my older daughter was waiting to meet us at Target.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete