Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pressing On

Life can be challenging even for a tulip.

This is my favorite spring flower, my salmon colored tulip, but I'm afraid it's growing old and tired. It was much prettier last year and even then I thought it looked somewhat lethargic. This year it has no stem and reminds me a little bit of a water lily. I think it desperately needs a new home so maybe tomorrow I will search out a spade, dig it up, and transfer it to a new home where hopefully it can recover and bloom into a prize winning beauty once again next spring. I can always hope.

I am tired today too, but Thursdays are often my toughest day. Lots of little ones and up too late watching a movie last night, no time for a nap and yet the daily tasks must be accomplished. Ben is out working with James, Hannah is going out with a friend tonight,... I think Josh and I just might go to Burger King...

7 comments:

  1. So, Josh and I went to Burger King for supper tonight, an unusual occurance. He had apple juice and a cheeseburger but the best part was dipping his fries in the ketchup, sucking it off the end and dipping them in again.

    The rain has moved in once again and I'm thinking tomorrow may be an inside the house kind of day unless we go grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for you and Josh to have a little 1 on 1 together. I can just picture him with his soggy sucked on french fries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a beautiful tulip...but you sure have a great eye for enhancing the beauty of it for sure..love you...yoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flower, What did you have?
    :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I had just a small order of fries, but the longer I sat there waiting for him to eat his cheeseburger, the better it looked. I had a bite or two of his and ordered myself one along with a diet coke on the way out. (Bad, bad...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for letting Hannah come! It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Bethany. She had a great time. She really likes spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete