Thursday, April 16, 2009

Control Yourself!

I read a news article the other day that suggested exercising self-control might actually be "bad for you." Seems they figure the more one deprives himself early in the day, the more likely he is to wear down his "self-control mechanism" and lose it altogether later on in the evening. Interesting... Of course I don't believe it, but I still find it interesting.

Speaking of self-control, I lost mine. I'm not quite sure where I traded in the salads and high protein meals for sugar and carbs, but I did. I feel as though I have fallen off the diet wagon and am bouncing along in the dirt behind. The earlier in the day that I consume sugar the more I crave it all day long. The more I sit in my chair, the less I feel like going for a walk. Self-control is what I desperately need.

Today was a sleepy day. Although the sun was shining and the air not quite so brisk as Tuesday, I couldn't seem to wake up. It was as if someone had thrown a thick blanket of fog over my head. Maybe the pollen counts are picking up or maybe it was the brush fires in the orchard, I'm not sure, but whatever it was I don't like it. I don't plan on sleeping through spring, there are too many great things to do. Listen, I hear my treadmill calling me. See you later!

10 comments:

  1. I don't believe it either:

    Galatians 5: 22-23
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    I'll go with The Author, over any modern study, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll say anything to excuse poor behavior.

    I've been doing bad with eating lately too...or maybe I should say good, with eating junk. I know it's bad, why do I do it. Ugh! No more justifying it because I can just exercise it off. I"M GOING TO DO BETTER!!! LETS PRAY FOR EACH OTHER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to you with falling off the diet wagon. I need more self control. I feel like I try to have it in so many other areas that I'm all tapped out when it comes to food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow is another day, a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOO pollen count! I'm allergic to Junipers and it's so high here right now. I want to go for walks but I'm scared it will just trigger it more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...fallen off the diet wagon and am bouncing along in the dirt behind." ROFL!!! I know that feeling.

    I have been singing "Holy fire burn away my desire for Frito Lay"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo hope you got of your duff, quit sniviling and got out. Take a pill for allergies, God wants you out and about, he doesn't want you to be a chair potato who eats her toubles away. Move what your mama gave your and what God blessed you with, use your brain and brawn Martha! I don't belive God want's you to quote scriptures I belive he wants you to walk the talk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Judi!

    I don't think this was a bad post at all, Martha. You are a human being just like the rest of us, just saying what's on your mind. We have good days and we have days that are not as good. I LOVE it when you quote scripture and I love seeing you walk what you talk. You are such an encouragement to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Judi! Where have you been?

    After 6 months of winter the legs are a little stiff but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting comments to say the least ! haha.
    I love your posts, too, Martha and I know that you walk the talk.
    lol

    ReplyDelete