Thursday, April 09, 2009

Planning to Be Flexible

Is it possible to plan for flexibilty? Being flexible is not one of my strong points. I like to know what is going on and don't like being left hanging wondering what to do. God is working on that. He is teaching me that I will not always know what each day will bring and that like clay on the potter's wheel, I must be willing to yield to His touch. When my heart is hard and stubborn, more water must be poured over my life, more of His holy word, to make my heart soft and my spirit willing to be shaped and molded for His use. When pressures mount and it I feel pressed on every side, will I see His loving hands wrapped around my life? Will I yield or will I struggle? This day my prayer is that I will allow my Heavenly Father to turn me in His hand and make of me a vessel of honor.

And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Jeremiah 18:4

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of "planning" to be flexible. Kids have helped me with this more than anything. I bet you'd agree with that.

    I also think of the verse...pressed, but not crushed; persecuted, not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. That seems to describe flexibility to me.

    Your picture goes wonderfully too. He's shaping and conforming us to His image. Beautiful when you really think about it.

    Blessings to you and yours Martha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good lesson for all of us. I like the pottery shot too. That's a great image to combine with your words for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - I am decent at being flexible [watch - now that I say that I will be tested], but what I struggle with is being content!

    good verse from Angie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often have this same problem. I like to feel in control, but God has often showed me thigs are much better when I give things over to him. It's hard to be flexible, but things go a lot more smooth that way. I love the visual picture you placed in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the encouragement and the comments on my "borrowed" picture.

    The verse Angie posted goes along too except that I am not feeling struck down, just annoyed. And actually, I am getting beyond that too. It's my hope that I will be able to rise each morning, take my Father's hand, and let him guide me through each day no matter whether tha plans turn out the way I expected or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful lesson, Martha. And the picture is awesome.

    Love the verse too.... Planning to be Flexible....what a great concept.

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete