Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Fading Flowers

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."
Isaiah 40:8


No sooner do they appear, than they are fading away. The happy little crocus has such a short life and yet brings a bigger smile to my face than the other early spring flowers. When the crocus appears, I know that spring is really here. Oh, it may get cold again, we may even see a few snowfakes fall, but the crocus brings the message that the long winter is behind us and we can look forward to much nicer weather.
My little snowdrops are much longer lasting. They stand the test of snow and ice, seem to enjoy the sunshine, and hang around for several weeks before fading away until the next year. Now I am watching the daffodils bulge, pregnant with the next blossoms of spring. Each new flower, every new color finds me wanting more and more to be out working in my gardens, looking for the next surprise in God's treasure chest.

5 comments:

  1. Love the Header!!! Great message from Isaiah, Now I can go back to bed. I am smiling again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!
    I show crocus today, too!!
    We are soo appreciative of the little flowers now, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...

    I see your blog has had a makeover. Yum, it looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last few days were wonderful! My gardens are finally (almost) snow free. The crocuses are such happy looking flowers I can't help but smile when I see them.

    Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete