Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Did I Really Say That?

Monday I posted about the turkey vultures I had seen up the road from my house, and admitted that I had never seen these creatures before. Well, my sister had a comment for me and I, a rather smart-alecky retort...

Priscilla said...
You've lead a sheltered life. One time there were about 3 in my back yard. You should have seen Sherman run like the wind to try to catch them. They all took off at once and flew over the house. 9:06 PM, April 15, 2008

Martha said...
Well, Priscilla, I've heard that these nice looking birds like to hang out around dead and decaying animals, so I don't feel so bad about not seeing them in my backyard.
9:13 PM, April 15, 2008

It has taken me abot 12 hours to realize I am tasting shoe leather. Bethany came this morning aound 9:30 am to drop Josh off and go to work, and asked about the dead deer lying down by my blueberry patch. I thought she was kidding. There was nothing there when James and I took our walk Monday evening, but there it was "big as life" laying in my yard. (Do you know there is no town or county program in place to pick up and dispose of these creatures?) I am now watching the skies for a very large flock of turkey vultures... and praying that James gets his skid steer running before too many warm days pass. (Sorry, Priscilla!)

6 comments:

  1. Oops! Hope you get it buried before Jazz gets to roll in it! You might want to break a leg off for Gudl's dog, Abby. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww, Gross is right, T. has had first hand experience with her dog rolling in a dead animal. Last week Durwood took kids and dog to park to play. Yep, dog found dead something, T.was so frustrated with husband for not keeping dog on leash. House, car, dog all smelly. Bathed dog, better but not huggable yet.
    Didn't Gudl's dog get some kind of intestinal problem from eating ... stuff from the woods? Duh, was that the point? Is gray as confusing as blonde? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning James dug a hole with a pick axe and shovel. (I tried to help, but I'm afraid I wasn't of much assistance.) I had to laugh when he first dragged it in because the hooves were sticking up above the top of the hole. Well, it's covered up now and the vultures are out of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how we sometimes eat our words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gross. Perfect timing though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You now have an invite to a new blog site about T, If Rachel or Ms.P wants to see it Get permission to email me their email addresses so I can do the invite. Kristina and Gudl have invites also.

    ReplyDelete