Friday, April 25, 2008

An Aspiring Musician

With Josh on her lap, Bethany sat down to play our piano last night. I had to laugh as I watched this little guy. He looked first at one hand and then the other as her fingers moved over the keys. I could see him thinking and gathering information as he watched and listened. It took me back to some of my own babies who also liked music. I remember Nathan watching James play and Benjamin reaching for the keys himeself. While Jim was still just crawling he sat on my father's foot as Dad played his guitar and tried to keep the other foot from tapping with his hands. Will Josh be able to carry a tune when he's just two years old like a couple of my children? I don't know, but he does enjoy listening. And, of course, he likes to take a little taste of the hands which not only make the music but also tenderly love and take care of him.

4 comments:

  1. He's my cutest little boy! He'll be a great musician someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is so cute! He may turn out to be very musically gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is extremely cute! I can see him thinking in that 1st picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first photo especially! Maybe he was thinking, "I thought we were in the key of G."

    ReplyDelete