Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

It was a lovely weekend with a chance to see each of my kids and all but one grandchild who was sleeping when his daddy FaceTimed me. My local kids stopped in and, believe it or not, I saw each local grandchild. I don't remember the last time that has happened. It was fabulous.

We saw Nate, Sabrina and the boys on Saturday. 

Leta made brunch, and she and Dave came over with the Trio, and her box of party things. She set up a beautiful and delicious banquet in our dining room. (She reminds me a little of my friend Wanda.)

There was a space of quiet mid day after Dave, Leta and the kids left and Hannah and Sergio had gone to see Abuela. I had some coffee and soaked in the silence.

Later the remaining family came and made "Trash Plates" for dinner; macaroni salad, baked beans, French fries, and (in this case) sausage patties topped with ketchup, mustard, and perhaps a little hot sauce. The look a mess, and thus the name, but they are quite delicious.

The house was loud and crazy and we had strawberry shortcake for dessert.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous Mother's Day!💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like my kind of Mother's Day. so happy for you.
    My Blog is completely screwed up. I can't post to my old blog and it won't let me change anything. so I have a new blog which I hate but will try to figure it out.
    suzybeeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that stinks about your blog. I hope you get used to the new one.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day...
    I didn't get to see anyone...:o(
    Facetimed...but not the same...
    Hopefully Wednesday...supposed to be warmer and sunnier...back yard social distancing...
    enjoy your week MArtha...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled you had a good Mother's Day with all your family. Love seeing all of them. So someone else likes to decorate a table...Sending lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete