Friday, May 15, 2020

Coffee Klutz

Lat week I worked 20 hours from 9 am till 1 pm. This Monday I worked from 9 am till 3 pm, and since Tuesday it's been 7 am till 1 pm. I arrive home sleepy. Sometimes I close my eyes for a few minutes, but not until I make myself a cup of coffee. You know, just to get me through the day.

Today I filled the Keurig (a newish acquisition), popped a pod in it, and pressed the button. Sometimes I stick around to watch it fill, but today I came upstairs while the cup was brewing. Several minutes later I returned to the kitchen where I found my cup sitting in the middle of the counter. "Strange," I thought, "Sergio must have moved my cup to make one for himself..." and then I saw the puddle. Stretched across the counter, from the base of the coffee maker to the sink, was a long brown puddle of coffee. Two large onions and a basket of coffee pods stood like islands in the middle of a coffee lake, and I realized what I'd done. It had absolutely nothing to do with Sergio, who was still out in the living room. I'd never put my cup under the spout. Oh, me... Ha ha! I sopped up the mess and started over.

Did I mention I was sleepy?

It was a crazy kind of day with coffee. I often re-use my cup and this morning I found last night's tea bag floating in my mug, along with an unidentified black speck which I fished out. I was at work when I got to the bottom of the cup and found a carpenter ant. Blech.

9 comments:

  1. It's a good thing that ant didn't end up in your mouth.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagining it did was bad enough to make me shudder. I quickly dumped the last sip down the drain while wincing at the thought.

      Delete
  2. I have forgotten to put my cup in the Keurig and have forgotten to put the pod in it. Couldn't understand why my coffee was transparent.
    At least you can say you were tired. I was not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made hot water multiple times. I'm catching onto that mistake. And I'm not always tired either. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Ummm, yummm, extra flavor in your cup....
    Ugh !!
    Seems like your varying schedule is going to be hard to get used to...hope the new week will be better for you... No more coffeesagas.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am destined to be tired. Ha ha! But I'm not really complaining. The coffee is good.

      Delete
    2. HaHa, I just read my comment again...Oops it's not coffeesagas...that sounds like a Good German Word...I meant Coffee Sagas.. silly me...
      Sue

      Delete
  4. HaHa Sleepy head! I have ALMOST done that, but was able to see the error of my way and stick the cup under before the drip!!! But thanks for giving me a laugh at your expense this morning. Been a long week as Don's weight spiked again and back on the power pill and constant trips to the bathroom. Hello New Normal!! But he looks good and feels good, so I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about Don's weight spike. I hope he is better again soon. I send a hug. My coffee fiasco made me smile. What else can I do? Smiling feels better than getting frustrated, and laughing is good medicine.
      :0)

      Delete