Saturday, May 23, 2020

And Now It's Summer (Almost)

Where did the week go? So many thoughts and feelings have coursed through my mind and body this week. My Zoom meeting turned unexpectedly teary this morning, Tears are cleansing; a good and precious gift. I'd told him I was doing good, and I am, but the growing still requires pain. Sometimes it still takes me by surprise.

One of the hidden blessing of returning to work is the 25 minute drive there and home again. My car radio is tuned to K-Love and I find my soul thirsty for worship, my heart lifted by the humor, and my spirit encouraged by scripture. It's a beautiful way to begin my day. Coffee and K-Love. Who would have thought?


My people went out just before my meeting was over this morning so I took a short drive on my own. I was lost in a swirl of thoughts. My first destination didn't work out, so I called my nearby sister. Her new puppy seemed to recognize me. She's a cute little thing. I talked with Rachel and Dave for a little while, drank a glass of water, and left there headed for the grocery store. I bought some fruit and some salad ingredients and headed home to find the family had returned.

The afternoon was spent at home. I sat in the shade of the garage and watched Idris play in the driveway, and called my Canandaigua sister. Sergio cleaned up the flower gardens and I finished planting the marigolds I picked up on my way home from work Thursday. I'll need a few more annuals to fill up the front flower bed, but it's looking nice.

There's an extra day to the weekend and I'm feeling grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Healing tears...yes they can be a blessing.
    Your day sounds perfect and I'm glad you are reaching out to family more.
    Gardening always helps me and my attitude.
    Enjoy your extra day off.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something therapeutic about gardening.
      It's been a nice weekend so far.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Makes me wish I had a yard again...but then, I really don't miss the weed pulling! HaHa. Happy for this extra day too..even though I don't work, it will feel like a holiday, I think?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weed pulling is my favorite part! Not! I do like the flowers when it's finished though, and I sneaked in a few vegetable plants. I hope they grow.

      Delete