Friday, May 29, 2020

Minnesota

I don't know where to begin... There is a knot in my stomach and an ache deep within my heart. I feel helpless to make a difference, yet compelled to find a way. Lord, help me! My sweet daughter in law posted this on Facebook today along with the quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

"My city is on fire. Our beautiful Twin Cities are burning to the ground. Just 2 miles away from the home I chose to raise my family in. The home where I usually feel safe.

I don't feel safe today. I feel anxious and scared. But, the feelings that I have in this moment pale in comparison to the fear, anxiety and anger that generations of Black Americans have felt for FOUR centuries in this country.

These riots are a symptom of a much larger sickness in this country and if we want them to stop, then things NEED to change. I don't condone riots in any form, even those that stem from sporting events (especially those!), but there is a bigger problem.

We must not simply be "not racist" we need to be Anti-Racist. This has gone on for far too long."


I don't know how to do or say the right thing as it seems someone is always misunderstanding my heart. Oft times that someone is me. I want to see clearly, and although there are still obstacles in the path, I am working to remove as many as possible. 

I had decided not to watch the video. What could possibly be gained by watching a man die needlessly at the hands of another? And then I read an article.  It said of the video, "The whole scene is deeply disturbing. And I believe every white American should watch it." I did., and I am undone.

What is to become of us? Will God bring beauty from these ashes?

I have seen photos of hope and heard stories of healing. One officer has been arrested. Prayers are being answered.

8 comments:

  1. ...where to start? Let's as a nation start by behaving like decent human beings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I couldn't agree more.
      We can have differences in perspective without forgetting to be kind.
      Kindness is essential.

      Delete
  2. Well said and the ache and grief are real, poignant and horrific. I have never completely understood man's inhumanity to man. I still don't.Most of my relatives live in parts of Minnesota. I fear for them in the coming days of innocence LOST.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never understood either.
      Healing will be slow and painful, but God is bigger than our wounds.

      Delete
    2. Yes, He is much Bigger than our wounds. I need to hold on to that wisdom.
      Sue

      Delete
  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,I GOT SOMETHING NEW Get $5,500 USD every day,for six months!
    See how it works. Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card? Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...
    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us via email address::{SilvaCardsOnline@gmail.com}
    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to hack ATM machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack services, we are here for you anytime any day.
    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:
    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!
    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via email address:: {Silvacardsonline@gmail.com}
    WhatsApp:::+1 347-630-4164  

    ReplyDelete