Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend 2020

Holiday weekends have become a bit complex over the past few years. I don't want to ignore the opportunity to gather family, and yet a gathering can feel daunting. There haven't been any major (or minor, that I can recall... ) confrontations lately and this weekend worked out beautifully.

Last night, Sunday, we had a small gathering and a small dinner followed by a bonfire in the backyard. There were some kid games too, along with a bit of chalk art on my dad's backyard chimney. Hed have a fit, but I know the rain will wash it away and the little ones are making memories. (Did I mention I started it?)

Today several of us met at a State Park along the shore of Lake Ontario. I was very careful of the sun while enjoying the kids on the beach, and then we had lunch... (Oops) Anyway, it was a gorgeous day.

Tonight, when the sun was hidden behind the house, I planted the rest of the marigolds and alyssum I bought at the garden store yesterday. 




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful weekend you seem to have had.
    I'm glad it went well with family...cherished memories.
    I loved that you did the chalk art and it will be something the kiddos will remember..and of course it will wash off. Perfect solution I would say. Your sweethearts at the water's edge are so cute.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weekend. So glad you could be with family. We enjoyed the company of each other, and had a nice lunch on the balcony, and hung out the flag. Talked to the kids on the phone. It was a good day!

    ReplyDelete