Sunday, September 01, 2019

Grammy Daycare, Take Two

Two, Three, and Four are eight, nine, and ten. They're still full of energy and antics, but they don't run in three different directions anymore, and they don't bite each other. They came to play yesterday afternoon while Dave and Leta went to a wedding reception.

This afternoon Rachel and I went to visit our brother. It was our normal week to go, but last time Rachel had told him that we wouldn't be back for three weeks. She just returned from the Outer Banks last night. I did not take my camera today and I think that was good. Tim was emotional today. There was a lot of sniffling as he ate his snacks and I found myself hurting for my brother who struggles everyday to walk. A drug induced form of Parkinson's keeps him confined to a wheelchair for most of the day. We never know what makes him sad.

Tomorrow is a work holiday. A rare and unusual occurrence. I have no special plans. There is a gathering at Nate's tomorrow evening, but I have no clue what I'll be doing with my day. If it rains maybe I'll sleep in! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. My heart aches for all those with special needs, what ever they may be. It's so hard to know what is going on in their minds.
    I'm going through that with my dear friend and early onset of Alzheimers. That's a devastating disease too.
    Hope you have a really pleasant day with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For so much of his life he seemed carefree and happy go lucky. At least that was the way he seemed to me. Getting old is hard, and I think it's especially hard for him.

      Delete