Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* On Sunday afternoon my older younger sister invited me over for dinner. I was so tired when I arrived that I took a pre-dinner nap. Ha ha! Just curled up on the sofa, put my head on my wadded up jacket, and went to sleep. I felt much better afterward. It's nice visiting someone who loves me enough to let me sleep for a bit. Of course, it helps that I've let her take a nap at my house too.
:0)

* Yesterday was spaghetti and meatball day at work. It's a favorite with the kids. Somehow I managed to sneak in a batch (or two) of applesauce cake for snack too! Smelled yummy at daycare.

* The babies have had colds and runny noses. I was back in the baby room for the evening, tissues in hand, when I noticed Derek was in need. There was a white booger peeking out of his nose. I wiped/grabbed it and was in for a surprise. It was a piece of spaghetti! Well, just a quarter piece. I broke them in quarters before cooking them for the little ones. (So gross! Ha ha!)

* I went to work a half hour early today on dry, clear roads. I drove home this evening through snow and slush. I think "wintry mix" is right! Powdery snow, sleet, freezing rain... I even heard some people got hail. Ah, nothing is unheard of and anything is possible. Can't wait to see what tomorrow morning looks like.

(The photos are old. That's my Number One grandchild a few years back.)

4 comments:

  1. Gag...haha...on the white "booger"...
    You sure show those kiddos so much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind went spinning on how in the world it could have ended up in his nose. I'm guessing he sneezed during lunch, just not hard enough to blow it out to start with. (more gagging...)
      I love them to pieces.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. HaHa, a spaghetti booger!!! Kids are adorable and gross! You get to see it all! They must all love you big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My very first spaghetti booger! So funny. I love them and they love me back. It's a wonderful thing!
      :0)

      Delete