Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Ramblings...

There are many mornings when I wake up, pull myself out of bed, and wonder "What in the world am I doing?" Going to work every day still feels foreign, at least until I get there... Sometimes I want to believe the little voice in my head that says, "You have better things to do," but the truth is, I don't. Not really. Yes, there are moments I wish I could be there to help my kids or spend a leisurely day with my grandchildren, but I know there would be far more moments where I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Going to work is good. It is good for me, and it is good for others too. It's where I'm meant to be for this season of life.

We have another new baby at work. I snuggled her for a bit this afternoon, and I snuggled her brother too. I snuggled our old, new baby, and all the other babies too. I popped into the toddler room this morning so the teacher could use the restroom and ended up with four little ones on my lap all at once! (You might wonder where I got the inspiration for a future clay sculpture...) I love these little people! And I love when they love me. They are the perfect medicine for my hurts. God knew they would be a healing balm and that is why He gave me this job.

I dropped my water bottle today, the one Leta gave me for Christmas... It broke and the water inside spilled all over the break room floor. Guess I'll be taking my old one again. It's so hard to drink water in the winter. Coffee tastes so much better in January and February.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment