Thursday, February 21, 2019

Hugs and Pasta

My little friend Derek is getting attached. For the past week he has been hurrying over as soon as I enter the room, looking for a hug and a bit of attention. (How do they know I love them?) He was just being dropped off today when I picked him up. Mom wanted a little goodbye hug and he gave a yelp and grabbed onto me instead. That didn't stop Mom. She said, "Oh, no.." and plucked him out of my arms for a last snuggle before heading off for the day. He didn't holler, and I laughed. A little out of embarrassment, but mostly because I liked his mom's reaction.

It was Veggie Lasagna Day. Kind of. That's what the menu says, but I've put my own spin on the recipe. I use Rotini Pasta instead of those big, thick, lasagna noodles, and I've given up putting any veggies in other than sauce. The veggies go on the side, otherwise they won't eat it no matter how good it tastes.

One more day and then the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment