Sunday, December 09, 2018

The Barn Collective

Back in June I shared a special barn, one with a John Deere Green love letter painted on its white doors. It was in very poor condition, which was terribly apparent when I walked around the back side. Becky's youngest daughter prayed the old barn would be standing at her September wedding, and it was. Maybe it felt like a piece of her daddy remained...

But last Sunday afternoon the old barn heaved a heavy sigh, groaned, and collapsed. My dear friend Becky posted a picture on Facebook. "So the day has come.....and there was a great rumbling. And yes. She’s down. And yes I am crying."

I hate to end on a sad note, so I give you a peek at happier days, a picture of Becky and Al together and smiling. He's been gone for almost 14 years. Cancer took him, but Becky's love remains. I have to believe that someone will help her rescue those beautiful doors from the wreckage and when they do I'll post another update.

Visit the Barn Collective at Tom's. See you there.


8 comments:

  1. ...I'm glad that I took a picture of the door years ago, not sure is I can find it. As they say good things don't last forever. Thanks Martha, today I drove by your barn from last week, it will be interesting to see what they do. Thanks and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing lasts forever. I am blessed to have known these people and to call them friends. I'm hoping the doors can be salvaged.

      Yes, it will be interesting to see what becomes of that old barn with the silo inside. Have a great week, Tom.

      Delete
  2. It's nice that you have that pleasant reminder of the barn, but like you I hope someone helps her to keep the doors and incorporate them into a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be sweet? I pray it happens.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet and yet sad story. I too hope the doors will be saved.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll take a drive by this weekend and see if anything's happening.

      Delete
  4. What a bittersweet sort of story...makes a person feel like crying.

    ReplyDelete