Monday, December 10, 2018

Hard Work

Some days I get to spend time with a few of my favorite little friends, and other days I just miss them. It's not because they aren't there, more than likely it's just because we don't end up in the same classroom at the same time. Missed my friend Jonah today, although he did make a brave effort to climb over the gate. (He knows I love him... Maybe Wednesday.)

My friend Parker was just getting ready to go home when I showed up in the infant room doorway. I felt a little bad for his daddy. Parker was pretty sure he needed to snuggle with me instead of go home. Ha ha! (And I get paid for this!)

Lunch was not well received. Most of it went into the trash. Spanish Rice with ground turkey is okay, but they really don't like it with chunks of white chicken breast. The tomatoes throw it all off. Today I stirred grated cheddar cheese into it, called it Cheesy Chicken and Rice, and hoped it would go over better. It didn't. I don't write the menu, I only implement it.

2 comments:

  1. ...cooking for young children can be tough. I have a granddaughter that eats like a bird, picky, picky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them eat next to nothing, but when nobody eats it, it's rather depressing.

      Delete