Saturday, December 08, 2018

Bits and Pieces

Where do I start?

*  I burned a tray English muffin pizzas at work on Monday. Thought I'd turned the broiler off... Nope. A little plume of smoke was coming out of the vented back burner. Oops. Thankfully no alarms went off and I had an extra tray of pizzas waiting. Ha ha!

*  I stopped at the pottery studio on Tuesday and cut some slabs for another music box. On Thursday evening I put them together. Today I returned to put on a few finishing touches. Sometimes I run into friends. Today I saw my friend Myung who was in the hand building class I took the summer of 2017.

*  Friday afternoon I attempted to take care of some business at the DMV, but I messed up a vital document which must now be replaced before any action can be taken. I had everything necessary and still managed to make it a seeming wasted trip, and like many other DMV visits, I left wanting to cry. I also left wanting to berate myself for my stupidity. Instead I took it as an opportunity to "be kind to Martha." It wasn't intentional and everyone makes mistakes. I am still driving a legal vehicle. It's okay.

* My Monday night step study has finally reached Step Four, the searching and fearless moral inventory. We need to find accountability partners/ a sponsor... It's part of the process to find and ask someone to be those helpers and I find it impossibly difficult. I am ever so grateful for those who have stopped to think of me this week and send a note of encouragement my way. The finding of a sponsor may prove more difficult than the actual inventory, but I am looking.

*  Life is a continual day to day challenge. I work long days and endure too many sleepless nights. I am a mom with a broken heart, broken times seven, for each and every one of my children who are struggling. I pray they are able to take the pain in their hearts and lives and lay it at the feet of the only One who can heal their brokenness. I pray one day we all come out on the other side better than we are today.

4 comments:

  1. ...if you can't be kind to Martha, who can?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kind to yourself and I am sure that you will find a sponsor. Here are prayers that each of your children find healing in their own time.

    ReplyDelete