Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Midnight Adventure.

Okay, it wasn't really midnight, but it was dark... (and this was last night's post.)

I took an unplanned drive this evening when a friend in need called. They'd had an accident and were in need of a ride home, and they were in the middle of nowhere. So I did what I do. I got in my vehicle and set off into the cold, dark night.

I ended up here, except that it was very dark, there was snow on the ground, and a lot of flashing lights (from the emergency vehicles). My friend's vehicle was laying on its side in the frozen cornfield.

And then, although I'd gone potty at home before I left, and stopped along the way to go as well, I found I was in desperate need of a rest room... AT the fireman's advice, I backtracked to the tiny town I'd just driven through and found the only place open, a scary looking establishment called Federal Hollow Staples. It was scarier on the outside than the inside and reminded me of an old mercantile. I asked if there was a restroom and was almost turned away until I told her I'd come to help my friend who'd rolled the vehicle up the road away. I left quite relieved.
:0)

All is well. My friend was not injured and for this I am grateful.

Actually, it was the Cabinetmaker who had the accident. He called last night to see if I could help him get home once the tow truck came. Today we are all thankful, especially when we look at his van. It's a mess.

2 comments:

  1. ...I know the little town, been through it many time. Glad that things turned out the way they did.

    ReplyDelete