Saturday, December 29, 2018

Perhaps a Nap

It's been an emotional weekend. I still have an aching sadness deep in my heart, and I know there is a piece of that ache that will never fade away completely. There are moments when I feel the throbbing, even if nobody else sees the bruise. I have to turn around often, not to go back to where I was, but to see how far I've traveled.

Weekends are rarely restful, but after today's accomplishments, I tipped over on the couch and fell into a deep sleep. I even woke up wondering where I was, what time it might be, and where in the world I was. Maybe because I've not gone to sleep on the couch here before. At least not this couch in this decade. Decades ago I slept on a different couch in this same house... but I digress. I had a long nap, a now unusual weekend occurrence.

Ahead of me is another crazy week. New Year's Eve will bring another short work day, followed by another chopped up week. Holidays wreak havoc on routine. ha ha! I guess I'll be looking forward to January and a return to regularity. My resolution this year is to be kinder to my aging body and soul, even if I am in denial as to how old I am. I'm almost 35 now, right? (Passing my kids on my way back to 20!)

2 comments: