Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Barn Collective

My camera came along for the ride to church this morning, and on the way home I made this capture.


My parents knew the owners back before and during my childhood. I would recognize them when they visited our church, but I never knew them personally. I still recall the names of a few of their children, but doubt any of the children even knew I existed. (I was invisible, you know. Besides, I did not go to Rochester Christian School like the majority of my childhood church friends. Had I gone, they might have known me too.)

 I suppose at one time, in the distant past, the old barn and its farmhouse ruled the hill and land behind it, but for as long as I can remember Bunker Hill has been covered with two-story neighborhood homes. A few other kids from my childhood church lived there.

Pull on your boots and come on over to Tom's.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting story. Memories keep us going, Lovely barn
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...is this one along Creek Street? Have you seen the big subdivision go in? Thanks Martha for stopping by, enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on Creek Street. Belongs, or once did, to the Hoadleys. Still says it on the barn, so I imagine they're still there.

      There is another subdivision down the road a piece that belonged to my great grandparents. It sold six years ago. Wish I'd stopped to take a look way back then. (Plotzker Farm)

      Delete