Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Posting

Posts have been sparse lately... I miss the years of posting daily. It's not that nothing happens, but by the time I get home I'm too tired to remember the interesting ones. Perhaps if I had one of those fancy, schmancy smart phones I'd be posting on my lunch hour, but I have a not so very fancy flip phone instead. It doesn't have an internet connection, but the price is right and it keeps me out of trouble.

I spend most lunch breaks in my car. Sometimes I listen to the radio. Often I take a nap, which is why I have a handy, dandy little alarm clock in my vehicle. Since my camera was along for the ride today, I took a picture of the lunch hour scenery. The playground was quiet because the little darlings were resting.

It's been another emotional week. Not entirely sure what's throwing me off (though I have an idea or two), but it seems everyone at work is struggling this week. No one was here when I got home this evening so I called my sister to see if she might be going for a walk this evening. She invited me for salad and a burger, and then we took a nice long walk around the neighborhood. I am grateful for her friendship as it keeps me from isolating, which is very bad to do if one is struggling emotionally. I think I shall visit the pottery studio tomorrow and find my friend Ginger.

6 comments:

  1. ...let's see some more of your pottery and when is your sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another piece or two at the studio... and another piece or two waiting for the kiln. The sale... I will let you know. I may need to piggyback on a yard sale.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Struggles are real for everyone. When I find that I am struggling emotionally, I turn to Psalms and begin reading. It is my place of peace. Remember that you are never alone because God is always right beside you. Thinking of you my internet friend and sending warm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters are lifesavers. My truly miss being close to mine. I saw her a week ago when we were at the funeral....Can't believe she's 83. We are planning a sister time later this summer after Jill and Tristan come to visit.

    Even in your struggles, you are finding blessings...so glad you sis is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding I am not always one to look on the bright side. This knowledge is good because it means I can change. Perhaps I should invest in a pair of sunglasses... Ha ha!

      Sisters can be lifelong friends. I was blessed with two. I see one more often than the other, but they are equally loved. I pray you and Donna have a fabulous visit.
      :0)

      Delete